Shek Kip Mei Lutheran Centre for The Blind
Since 1968, the centre aims at serving people with visual impairment.The centre received regular subvention from government to provide social,recreational, training and educational programs to promote public integration and community inclusion.
- To assist people with visual impairment to have meaningful leisure time, establish good personality, and develop their potential through various social, recreational and educational programs.
- To promote positive attitude among society towards people with visual impairment and foster cooperation between the able and the disable.
- To enhance people with visual impairment's social and adaptive abilities in order to establish good interpersonal relationship and integrate into community.
- To assist people with visual impairment and their carers to deal with difficulties encountering in daily life in order to facilitate them joining community.
- People with visual impairment
- Relatives of people with visual impairment
Basic Service : Various kinds of services including different groups and activities, volunteer training, skill learning classes, personal development programs, supportive services for the carers.
Personal Service: Personal guidance, personal counseling, letter-writing services, home visit enquiry and escort services.
Community Service: Mass community educational events , life inspiration forum for student and caring for the provision of community barrier free facilities and rights of the special need groups.
24 Hours Hotline provision: 24-hour on-line telephone service and web-site with various topics of information to educate people with visual impairment.
Every Monday, Thursday & Friday: 1:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Every Tuesday, Wednesday & Saturday: 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Closed on every Sunday and public holiday.
Annual membership fee:
$20 for people with visual impairment
$5 for family carers
Free for volunteers