Martha Boss Lutheran Day Care Centre for the Elderly
Martha Boss Lutheran Day Care Center for the Elderly is located on the ground floor of Martha Boss Lutheran Social Service Building in Ho Man Tin and started its services in July 1986 , aims at providing nursing and personal care services to the frail elderlies; and support services to the caregivers.
Day care centre provides a wide range of services for the frail elderlies during the day to enable them to remain in the community by providing nursing, rehabilitation, social and personal care services when their family members are unable to look after them.
- Service boundary: Hung Hom, Ho Man Tin, To Kwa Wan, Kowloon City, Kowloon Tong, Mong Kok East
- Aged 60 or above living in the community and not receiving institutional service
- Assessed to be in state of either moderate or severe level of impairment by the Standardised Care Need Assessment Mechanism for Elderly Services and suitable for day care services
- Whose caregivers are unable to provide full-time care
- Not suffering from infectious disease or acute medical problems
- Suitable for communal living, e.g. without aggressive or violent behavior
- Personal Care
Providing comprehensive care to the elderly.
- Nursing care
Delivering medication administration, injection, wound dressing, health assessment
- Rehabilitation exercise
Our Physiotherapist conducts assessment and designs individual rehabilitation training programs for elderly of various needs
- Caregiver support services
Offering different support services, including training in caring skills, social service referral, etc., to reduce burden to care for service users.
Breakfast, lunch, and afternoon tea are provided. Tailor made special diet is also available if necessary.
- Social and recreational activities
Organizing social and recreational activities, such as interest groups, birthday parties, festive celebrations, outings and visits, to regularly promote inter-personal relationship and enhance social life of members.
- Dementia Training Services
Providing a large variety of training groups for demented elderlies, including cognitive and memory training, social skills training, reminiscence activities, orientation program.
Transportation service to and from the centre
8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. from Mondays to Saturdays
$988 / $901 (per month)
In accordance with the rate set by Social Welfare Department.
How to Apply
Service users can approach respective Integrated Family Service Centres/Integrated Services Centres, Medical Social Service Units, District Elderly Community Centres, Neighbourhood Elderly Centres and Social Centres for the Elderly or rehabilitation services units for referrals and arrangement of Standardized Care Need Assessment for Elderly Services.
The SWD has arranged a service on the date of completion of the assessment.
How to Terminate
One month prior notice is required for service withdrawal
Note: If elderly do not use the Day Care Center service for 30 consecutive days, the services will be temporarily withdrawal.