Ma Tau Wai Lutheran Centre for the Elderly
Since 1994, the centre has been providing a variety of small group activities to To Kwa Wan seniors, encouraging elders to use leisure time properly, expanding their horizon, developing their potential, outreaching actively and participating in the community. From the beginning of 2003, the centre continues to operate in a self-finance manner and presently, besides providing different types of group and travel service, the centre has been trying to develop a project called “Diverse healthy development project”. The goal of the project is to let members of the community to acknowledge the importance of health by using the methods of intervention and community health education, thus members can reach personal physical, emotional, spiritual health development. The project includes intervention and remedial health service. In terms of intervention, in addition to introducing the cause, effect and intervention methods of urban diseases,Ma Tau Wai Lutheran Centre for the Elderlyalso periodically invites different groups of medical team to present types of healthy activities. Remedial health service includes inviting diverse types of professional medical organization to provide to centre members and community member with a variety of treatments such as Traditional Chinese medical service.
- Provide a variety of activities to expand elder’s personal and social circle, to exert their potential and to actively face their rich late years.
- Encourage elders to develop neighborly mutual care to exert the spirit of neighborhood care and to build an independent elder community support network
- Help members of the community to acknowledge the importance of health by using the methods of intervention and community health education, thus members can reach personal physical, emotional, spiritual health development.
Elders and members of the community of the age 50 or above.
No limit. Currently have 520 members
- Health education
- Community and recreational activities, educational and developmental activities
- Publish community information and referral service
- Volunteer development Carers support service
- Milk powder and rehabilitation supplies ordering service
- Counseling service
- Outreaching and community networking work
- Visiting service
- Traditional Chinese medical service
Monday to Friday: 9 AM – 12:30 PM, 1:30 PM – 5 PM
Saturday: 9 AM – 1 PM
Sunday and public holidays: Closed
Membership fee: $20 per annual