Rhythm Garden Lutheran Centre for the Elderly
Our centre, previously known as “Choi Hung Lutheran Centre for the Elderly” which started to provide recreational and developmental activities to Choi Hung elders since the beginning of November of 1978. In 2001, the Centre was relocate in Rhythm Garden to continue our elder service and officially renamed the centre as “Rhythm Garden Lutheran Centre for the Elderly”.
The centre beholds the idea of "Sense of belonging, sense of security, sense of worthiness" in providing support service to the elders in helping senior to settle and to prolong their stay in the community, and providing best-matched supportive service for carers.
In meeting the growing needs of Hong Kong elders, our centre successfully transited into a neighborhood elderly centre in 2003 and implemented a number of new services such as carer support service and elder outreach service, etc.
In 2015, the facilities of the Centre were refreshed under the "Improvement Programme of Elderly Centres" (IPEC).
- Enable the elders to live a healthy life in the community.
- Assist the elders to remain in the community and to live a healthy, respectful and dignify live.
- Encourage senior to have an active role in developing oneself through active participation in different experiences.
- Actively expand senior volunteer program so as to develop a caring network in the community.
- Elders persons aged 60 or above.
- Young old aged 50 or above.
- Case support service
- Carers and elderly support service
- Volunteer group and development
- Outreach and community support network service
- Resource referral and counseling service
- Social and educational activities
- Rehabilitation services and carers information enquiry services
- Facilities service
- Milk powder and rehabilitation supplies ordering services
- Drop-in service
- Red Cross senior group
- Elder academy
- Young old services
- Long Term Care Services Assessment
Monday to Saturday: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Sunday and Public Holiday: Close
Membership fee: 25 per annual
Young old membership fee: 30 per annual